From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB, linux & clean shutdowns
Date Sun, 25 Mar 2012 15:26:24 GMT
Martin,

Is that with or without the fix for COUCHDB-1445?

B.

On 25 March 2012 16:06, Martin Hewitt <martin@thenoi.se> wrote:
> I've just restarted our CouchDB instance and, as before, all the views have started to
rebuild from scratch.

> I've loaded a rebuilding view with ?stale=ok, and it appears to load the view as it would
be before the server was restarted, i.e. the view still exists as calculated before the server
was restarted and the rebuild began, but the _utils/status.html page shows all views as rebuilding
from scratch.

> Martin
>
> On 20 Mar 2012, at 16:49, Robert Newson wrote:
>
>> Very curious, would love to know more.
>>
>> On 20 March 2012 16:33, Martin Hewitt <martin@thenoi.se> wrote:
>>> Hi Robert,
>>>
>>> For one view, whenever we loaded it, but every time we loaded it, would produce
a stack trace and not the view. Restarting the CouchDB instance restored the view to working
order.

>>> I'll try and dig out the stack trace, but it was the perpetual, continual problem
with this view that led us to take the "nuclear option" and restart.

>>> Martin

CouchDB. It's designed

application/json"

there was something I could try before rebuilding the server.