From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sorting CouchDB data using couch-lucene
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2012 19:21:37 GMT
We can only guess what Jason had in mind at step 3.

Lucene can sort by any appropriately indexed field but here, as in the
single-pass map/reduce view, the value you want is not available.

I think someone had a crack at chained map-reduce other than Cloudant
but I don't recall the project name. Also, I know Benoit is working on
adding a _changes feed for views, which should allow chained m-r too.

B.