From Jonathan Williamson <...@netcopy.co.uk>
Subject Re: Why are reads from CouchDB so slow? (1.5MB/s or thereabouts)
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2012 13:23:12 GMT
Volker,

Thanks for the input, that all sounds likely! It's not a massive
problem for us to store a raw copy of our data alongside our Couch
databases.

I do however think this falls slightly under "unexpected behaviour" as
intuitively I think a lot of people would expect raw read speeds to be
pretty fast and not require such heavy CPU usage. That said it's easy
to work around just a bit of a surprise to come across.

Love CouchDB for all the things it does for us so well - it's a great product!

Jon.