From Sam Wen <Sam....@uts.edu.au>
Subject Replication but missing Documents
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2012 03:25:34 GMT
Hi all,

Our production version is 1.1.0 with "417876  documents" on it and we built 2 brand new servers
with 1.1.1

There are 2 ways to migrate the data,
1) Just copy the db files from the OS to another one. The "number of documents" on the new
server will match the old one.
2) Replication between old couchdb and new couchdb, The "number of documents" on the new server
always hundreds less then the old one. No matter pull or push replication.

Replication between 2 new servers A and B ( A server with copied db files) also can't match
the "number of documents" with each other.

Do anyone has similar issue or how can I investigate? There is no any error report for the
replication.

Best Regards

Sam Wen
System Administrator
Faculty of Engineering and IT
University of Technology, Sydney
PH: 9514 2374
Em: sam.wen@uts.edu.au

UTS CRICOS Provider Code: 00099F
DISCLAIMER: This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this
message or
attachments. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete
this message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except
where the
sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of the University of Technology
Sydney.
Before opening any attachments, please check them for viruses and defects.

Think. Green. Do.