From Lauren Dahlin <ldahli...@simons-rock.edu>
Subject root
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 16:45:33 GMT
Hi All,
I've been using CouchDB with great success on Ubuntu, but
unfortunately due to other software needs, I am switching to RHEL6.
Because I'm on an ec2 instance, I am trying to run Couchdb from the
root user. I used iriscouch/build-couchdb from github, seemingly
without errors. I changed COUCHDB_USER to root in /etc/default/
couchdb, but I'm hanging at startup after I get the "time to relax"
message. I'm thinking this is a permissions issue, but don't know how
to troubleshoot.
Thanks,
Lauren