From Miles Fidelman <mfidel...@meetinghouse.net>
Subject version control for documents?
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2012 18:36:58 GMT
Hi Folks,

As part of a larger applicaiton, I'm looking at using CouchDB as a "file
cabinet" to manage a collection of "documents" (surprise, surprise - it
is a document database after all).  In this case, the documents really
will be documents (e.g., a word document, or a file).  My simplistic
model is that each Couch document will contain json-encoded metadata,
and an attachment - the "real" document as a blob.

I want to apply version and change control to the documents and their
metadata.  In essence, I want to do git-like stuff for text, html, and
word documents.

I'm aware that CouchDB-style "version control" is not real version
control a la git, cvs, or what have you - and I've seen some discussions
on this list that suggest doing "real" version control has to be
overlayed on Couch.

So... my question is:  Are there any good libraries and/or examples for
doing so?

Thanks very much,

Miles Fidelman