From Kristian Rink <kawazu...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: the best java client library
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 07:10:42 GMT
Am 08.03.2012 00:45, schrieb Patrick Maia:
> Hi, which of the libraries listed here (
> http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Getting_started_with_Java) is the most
> widely accepted/used by java developers? Are there other options? What do
> you use?

Depends upon the use case: In more "structured" situations in which we
try having more or less accurate mappings of Java objects to JSON
documents, we have recently discovered and adopted ektorp and found this
to be rather mature and painless to get the job done. In less
"structured" situations or in applications in which the amount of third
party dependencies should be reduced to a minimum, we usually make use
of some sort of HTTP client (apache commons, or the Jersey/JAX-RS client
libs) and the svenson JSON lib to get the job done which also works
pretty well. Overally, comparing to communicating with other
infrastructure (including SQL DB backends), we have explicitely found
the option to communicate with CouchDB without being forced to use
certain client libraries to be one of the outstanding features of this
approach. :)

Cheers,
Kristian