From "Mike Coolin" <mcoo...@techie.com>
Subject Re: Documentation issue
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2012 14:54:54 GMT
So don't improve the documentation such as it is, read the tests?

 I think Andrey has a point. Tests are not documentation, they are guardrails and samples.

 Cheers Mike

----- Original Message -----
From: Jan Lehnardt
Sent: 03/03/12 09:31 AM
To: user@couchdb.apache.org
Subject: Re: Documentation issue

 On Mar 3, 2012, at 06:57 , Andrey N wrote: > Problem with _purge that it was not documented.
That means this was not well tested. I'd contest that notion, there's been automatic tests
for _purge ever since the feature landed. Cheers Jan -- > > Thanks. >> To me it
seems exactly the same, but I'm not an expert. >> >> On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 3:39
PM, Robert Newson<rnewson@apache.org> wrote: >> >>> I said 'better' not
'good'. :) >>> >>> On 2 March 2012 20:20, Mark Hahn<mark@hahnca.com>
wrote: >>>>> A better solution is to periodically switch to a new database
and then >>>> delete the old one (when those sessions are ended). >>>>