From Gregor Martynus <gre...@martynus.net>
Subject Re: why does `/_changes?since=0` return deleted documents?
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2012 12:52:00 GMT
thanks all, I'm using a filter now as Benoit suggested.

My use case is bootstrapping locally cached data after a user signed in to his account. I'm
using /_changes instead of /_all_docs, because I need to filter out some docs and do also
need the `last_seq` attribute so I can start to listen to changes after the bootstrapped.

I'm not sure if this is the recommended way to go, but it works good so far and is the simplest
solution I could come up with.

Great weekend everybody!

--
Gregor Martynus

On Friday, 24. February 2012 at 12:34, Benoit Chesneau wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 10:47 AM, Gregor Martynus <gregor@martynus.net (mailto:gregor@martynus.net)>
wrote:
> > When I understand it right, `/_changes` does not return all changes, only the ones
relevant. So for example when document `my_doc` has been changed 5 times, `/_changes?since=0`
will return only one result for `"id": "my_doc"`.

> > My question is: why does it return deleted docs? If I ask for everything that changed
since the beginning, I don't need to know that a document existed that has been deleted meanwhile,
do I?