From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: Multipart vs chunked
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 21:22:13 GMT

On Feb 6, 2012, at 11:19 AM, Alexander Gabriel wrote:

oh, I spent my last weekend trying to get a multipart upload working
unsuccessfully too. Is it possible to see when this problem has been
solved?

You can track the bug report I just filed: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-1403

Or else: How is body length precomputed then communicated?

Not sure exactly what you mean; in my case I worked around the bug by computing the body length
(by adding up the sizes of the attachment files and MIME boundary strings) then set that as
a Content-Length header on the request; this tells the HTTP library I use (NSURLConnection
on Mac OS) not to use chunked encoding.

—Jens