From Dirk Heilig <d...@heilig-online.com>
Subject Re: Howto: "nested result"
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 22:25:03 GMT
2012/2/21 Matthias Jakel <matthiasjakel@googlemail.com>:
>[...] You can't do any "joins" in couchdb. there is no database-side document linking
logic.

I've read this weeks ago in some tutorial and kept it in mind, but
suddenly found include_docs, so okay, i am going to fetch all needed
X's with linked Y's, iterating over Y to get my Z batch and do another
request, that should be fine too, especially if i kept in mind that
the same Y is linked in a few X's, but one Z is linked in alot of Y's,
the overhead by transporting the same document several times seems to
be stronger than sending a new request.

thanks, dirk