From Jason Smith <...@iriscouch.com>
Subject Re: new ReferenceError(options is not defined)
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 12:40:26 GMT
On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 10:38 AM, Mark Hahn <mark@hahnca.com> wrote:
>>  do you have a validate_doc_update function with any mention of an
> "options" label?
>
> No, I don't.  I don't have anything named options in my db setup.
>
>>   I suspect the "options" part of your node code is a red herring.
>
> When I get a chance I'll test changing my variable name but I'm confident
> that the name is just a coincidence as you said.  I suspect it is some
> internal couch var.
>
> I emptied my db and that didn't help.  I went to the trouble to rebuild
> couch from scratch but it made no difference.
>
> The problem happens in two requests in my code and for now I've managed to
> disable them to get back to work.  The weird thing is that I can't find
> anything in common with the two places.  One is trying to add an attachment
> and the other is a _changes request.  Oh well ...

Interesting. Well, not to change the subject, but many people agree
that the "request" package is the better way to access CouchDB
(compared to the http module). In my opinion, nano, a thin layer on
top of request, is a great balance of flexibility and convenience.
Both are available via `npm install` and I've got a port of the
`request` API to the browser for good measure.

--
Iris Couch