From Luscus Readbeard <luscus.redbe...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Hybrid HTML5 WebApp / CouchApp - guidance sought
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2012 21:52:50 GMT
Hello Gregor,

I would love to get some ideas about authentication and node.js...
I am new to all the stuff (CouchDB, node.js, node.couch.js for
something like triggers using _changes).

I was looking at a row of CouchDB plugins for authentication (open-id,
browser-id,...) but didn't try them yet - I have still some data to
crunch about the basics.

Why did you chose a node.js based way?

Cheers,

Yann

On 27 February 2012 12:17, Gregor Martynus <gregor@martynus.net> wrote:
> Miles,
>
> I build minutes.io with a similar approach. You can use it when being offline, synchronization
with the couchApp backend is happening in the background.

> I don't think there is a library I'd recommend to use for such an architecture, not yet.
Maybe have a look at
> https://github.com/mikeal/browsercouch and https://github.com/mikeal/pouchdb
>
> I use backbone.js myself for the frontend and store all data in localStorage, which gets
synched asynchronously using _changes feed and _bulk_docs API. I also use a tiny node.js proxy
for security reasons and for some couchDB tasks like creating User Databases and Replications.