From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PUT json data
Date Sun, 19 Feb 2012 07:46:29 GMT
On Friday, February 17, 2012, john.tiger <john.tigernassau@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 02/17/2012 03:49 AM, Robert Newson wrote:
>>
>> an "array of json objects" posted to /dbname is not valid input for
>> the CouchDB API.
>>
>> As others have noted, you can POST a single json object to /dbname, or
>> PUT a single json object to /dbname/docname, or POST multiple
>> documents to /dbname/_bulk_docs using the {"docs":[]} format.
>>
>> http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/HTTP_Document_API
>
> okay, I see that _bulk_docs actually does not keep the extra "docs":[]
layer but loads each record individually.

> I do think this should still be changed since if extracting a big json
data set - it is a pain to append the {"docs":

> Also the wiki is not that clear - how can I submit a brief description of
this to the wiki page ?  any password or process required ?

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/HTTP_Bulk_Document_API#Modify_Multiple_Documents_With_a_Single_Request

>>> JSON array might be valid from syntax point, but it is invalid from
>>> point of expected data for /db/_bulk_docs resource.
>>>

>>> --

yes you can ask htere for an access to the doc. For the other thing, why
not openning a ticket for improvement? Also something need to be found to
pass other parameters.

benoƮt