From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with couchdb-load
Date Sat, 11 Feb 2012 22:09:04 GMT
Hi again(:

1. You didn't replied me at couchdb-python mailing list(:

2. Assuming you're running in shell next command:
~ $ couchdb-load /tmp/chef.2012-02-12.couchdb.gz
This is invalid command due to:
- you have to specify database url as argument
- you have to specify dump as --input=FILE option
- you have not to pass gzipped dump because couchdb-load doesn't
handles gzipped files, only raw dumped sources (mime multipart
formatted)

3. Waiting for 3 hours for getting no result looks like issue in
command line arguments handling, so you better to make a little
research or problem and create issue[1] to let me not forget about it
on next week when I'll have a lot of time to handle various problems(:

Thanks!

[1] http://code.google.com/p/couchdb-python/issues/list

--
,,,^..^,,,

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 5:34 PM, Stuart Watson
<Stuart.Watson@unep-wcmc.org> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I created a backup of our chef server db by doing
>
> couchdb-dump http://127.0.0.1:5984/chef |gzip -9c > /tmp/chef.`date +%F`.couchdb.gz
>
> I'm now trying to restore it by doing
>
> couchdb-load <name of backup> but nothing appears to happen after I press enter.
 It's been running for about 3 hours so far.

> Stuart
>
> ________________________________
> UNEP-WCMC - serving the biodiversity community for 30 years.
>
> ** Confidentiality Statement and Disclaimer **
>
> This e-mail, together with any attachments, may contain confidential information and/or
copyright material. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do
not necessarily represent those of UNEP-WCMC. It is intended only for the person named above.
Any copying, distribution, dissemination, disclosure or use of this message or its contents
unless authorised by us is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error,
please notify us immediately.

> You should understand and accept that email communication with UNEP-WCMC is not a totally
secure communications medium. Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and
attachments are free from any virus, we cannot guarantee that they are virus free. We do not,
to the extent permitted by law, accept any liability (whether in contract, negligence or otherwise)
for any virus infection and/or external compromise of security and/or breach of confidentiality
in relation to transmissions sent by e-mail. Thank you.