From Keith Gable <zi...@ignition-project.com>
Subject Re: PUT json data
Date Sun, 19 Feb 2012 01:46:06 GMT
The docs are crystal clear to me, and I don't use the bulk docs API. Though
I do admit that the docs do assume you know how to use cURL, and if you
don't, then I can see where they wouldn't be very helpful.

I have noticed that there are a lot of people that attempt to use CouchDB
without a background in REST APIs... that's basically the only type of API
you do as a Rails programmer, which is another reason why the CouchDB API
is easy for me to follow.

CouchDB also requires you to forget about everything you know about
relational databases and SQL. Think more about sorting and labelling sheets
of paper.
On Feb 18, 2012 7:34 PM, "john.tiger" <john.tigernassau@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 02/18/2012 02:59 AM, Robert Newson wrote:
>
>> See http://wiki.apache.org/**couchdb/HTTP_Bulk_Document_API<http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/HTTP_Bulk_Document_API>and
>> particularly http://wiki.apache.org/**couchdb/HTTP_Bulk_Document_**
>> API#Modify_Multiple_Documents_**With_a_Single_Request<http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/HTTP_Bulk_Document_API#Modify_Multiple_Documents_With_a_Single_Request>
>> .
>>
> yes, I can read.  While the docs might be clear to you they are not clear
> to myself and others (based on questions I found searching).  Are you
> refusing contributions for clearer documentation ?  That kind of attitude
> is really stupid.
>

>  B.
>>
>> On 17 February 2012 17:49, john.tiger<john.tigernassau@**gmail.com<john.tigernassau@gmail.com>>
>>  wrote:

>>> okay, I see that _bulk_docs actually does not keep the extra "docs":[]
>>> layer
>>> but loads each record individually.
>>>
>>> I do think this should still be changed since if extracting a big json
>>> data
>>> set - it is a pain to append the {"docs":
>>>
>>> Also the wiki is not that clear - how can I submit a brief description of
>>> this to the wiki page ?  any password or process required ?
>>>

>>>  B.

Than