From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Multipart vs chunked
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 18:33:11 GMT
Pretty obvious bug, yes. We're attempting to evaluate whether the atom
'chunked' is greater than zero.

On 6 February 2012 13:21, Jens Alfke <jens@couchbase.com> wrote:
> tl;dr: CouchDB* doesn’t seem to correctly parse MIME multipart uploads when the HTTP
transfer is chunked. It generates an Erlang exception.

> I spent the weekend trying to implement multipart document+attachment uploads in my client
code. In doing so I ran into what I think is a bug in CouchDB — after I’d gotten the client
side working, every upload produced an Erlang exception on the server. I tried changing around
the client-side code so it precomputed the body length instead of sending the body in ‘chunked’
encoding, and that made CouchDB happier.