From Alexander Gabriel <a...@barbalex.ch>
Subject Re: Multipart vs chunked
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 19:19:42 GMT
oh, I spent my last weekend trying to get a multipart upload working
unsuccessfully too. Is it possible to see when this problem has been
solved? Or else: How is body length precomputed then communicated?

Alex

Am Montag, 6. Februar 2012 schrieb Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org>:
> Pretty obvious bug, yes. We're attempting to evaluate whether the atom
> 'chunked' is greater than zero.
>
>>receive_request_data(Req) ->
>  >   receive_request_data(Req, couch_httpd:body_length(Req)).
>>
>>receive_request_data(Req, LenLeft) when LenLeft > 0 ->
>

> On 6 February 2012 13:21, Jens Alfke <jens@couchbase.com> wrote:
>> tl;dr: CouchDB* doesn’t seem to correctly parse MIME multipart uploads
when the HTTP transfer is chunked. It generates an Erlang exception.

>> I spent the weekend trying to implement multipart document+attachment
uploads in my client code. In doing so I ran into what I think is a bug in
CouchDB — after I’d gotten the client side working, every upload produced
an Erlang exception on the server. I tried changing around the client-side
code so it precomputed the body length instead of sending the body in
‘chunked’ encoding, and that made CouchDB happier.

>> The exception looks like:
>>
>> [error] [emulator] Error in process <0.15079.3> with exit value:
{badarith,[{couch_httpd_db,'-receive_request_data/2-fun-0-',3},{couch_httpd,read_until,3},{couch_httpd,parse_part_body,1},{couch_httpd,parse_multipart_request,3},{couch_doc,'-doc_from_multi_part_stream/2-fun-1-'...

>> Is this a known bug, or should I file something?
>>
>> —Jens
>>
>> * Well, Couchbase Single Server 2.0.0dev4, which I think is basically
CouchDB 1.1.1.

Alexander Gabriel
Wiesenstrasse 22
8800 Thalwil