From Simon Metson <simonmet...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: questions about the couchbase fork
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 13:59:25 GMT
Hi,
My understanding (from a few tweets) is that couchbase v2 isn't a fork of couchdb or membase
but a whole new product (a spork/foon) that is more a direct competitor of MongoDB than CouchDB
(for the reasons you point out). I couldn't comment on your questions about performance or
planned feature set, but I think if you want something that looks like CouchDB you need to
use CouchDB or a derivative (BigCouch/Refuge).

Hope that helps (and isn't inaccurate)
Cheers
Simon