From Jim Klo <>
Subject Re: Are CouchDB filters limited to the _changes feed?
Date Sun, 29 Jan 2012 21:39:37 GMT
I could see it as a bad idea in that views usually have a different collation from the changes
feed. Views also can emit more than 1 key/value per doc, which I'm not sure how that works
with filters.  I suppose it's possible, but you'd still have to follow the changes sequence,
but when applying the map function, you replicate only the id emitted once.

- Jim

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 29, 2012, at 11:35 AM, Dave Cottlehuber <> wrote:

> On 29 January 2012 18:13, Benoit Chesneau <> wrote:
>> On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 8:54 AM, Daniel Gonzalez <> wrote:
>>> - Am I doing something wrong in the curl calls?
>>> - Is it at all possible to use views together with filters, or are
>>> filters limited to the _changes feed? I have seen no examples of
>>> filters except related to _changes
>> filters are only expected for _changes.
>> - benoƮt
> Although it might be interesting to factor out filters (in changes and
> replication) and to manage them the same way as views, including being
> able to use views as replication targets, and avoid needing to
> reprocess the filter each time.
> I'm sure that when I think about this after my wine, I'll come up with
> some good reasons why thats not a great idea.
> A+
> Dave

View raw message