From Benjamin Campbell <benji.campb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: why isn't couch part of hadoop?
Date Sun, 08 Jan 2012 18:50:37 GMT
On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 2:44 PM, Gauthier, Alexander <
Alexander.Gauthier@teradata.com> wrote:

> Good question... been asking myself the same... but with UnQL in the
> pipeline, one wonders if SQL Lite/CouchDB/MongoDB may not just take a life
> of their own...
> couch

Since the CouchDB is a restful interface, I don't see whey someone couldn't
write an abstraction in Java to allow CouchDB interaction. It would seem
like overkill running a map/reduce and calling secondary map/reduce jobs.
But I could see conf/meta information being a good candidate for CouchDB
while using Hadoop.

--
Ben Campbell <benji.campbell@gmail.com>