From Dave Cottlehuber <>
Subject Re: Are CouchDB filters limited to the _changes feed?
Date Sun, 29 Jan 2012 19:35:13 GMT
On 29 January 2012 18:13, Benoit Chesneau <> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 8:54 AM, Daniel Gonzalez <> wrote:
>> - Am I doing something wrong in the curl calls?
>> - Is it at all possible to use views together with filters, or are
>> filters limited to the _changes feed? I have seen no examples of
>> filters except related to _changes
> filters are only expected for _changes.
> - benoît

Although it might be interesting to factor out filters (in changes and
replication) and to manage them the same way as views, including being
able to use views as replication targets, and avoid needing to
reprocess the filter each time.

I'm sure that when I think about this after my wine, I'll come up with
some good reasons why thats not a great idea.

View raw message