From Mark Hahn <m...@hahnca.com>
Subject duplicate lines in futon config screen
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2012 23:58:36 GMT
I installed a fresh build of couch using build-couch.

I replaced /root/build-couchdb/build/etc/default/couchdb with this ...

COUCHDB_USER=root
COUCHDB_STDOUT_FILE=/mnt/db/stdout.log
COUCHDB_STDERR_FILE=/mnt/db/stderr.log
COUCHDB_RESPAWN_TIMEOUT=5
COUCHDB_OPTIONS=

I then replaced the local ini file with this ...

[couchdb]
database_dir   = /mnt/db/couch_dbs
view_index_dir = /mnt/db/couch_views
uri_file            = /mnt/db/couch.uri

[httpd]
bind_address = 0.0.0.0

[couch_httpd_auth]
secret = ...snip...
require_valid_user = true

[log]
level = debug
include_sasl = false
file = /mnt/db/couch.log

[admins]
root = ...snip...

[uuids]
algorithm = utc_random

Then I started couch with:  /root/build-couchdb/build/bin/couchdb start

Now when I go to the configuration screen in futon I see two lines for each
option that I put in local.ini.  One has the old default value and one is
my new.  What is really weird is that commented out lines in my default.ini
file that were overridden in local.ini and I'm still getting the identical
problem!  It is as if there is a hidden .ini file somewhere.

Has anyone seen this problem?  Any ideas what is wrong?