From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Attachments and replication
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2012 18:51:29 GMT
Jens,

It seems your reply is scrambled for me. it appears you tacked on a
paragrah to an unmarked quotation from earlier, quite confusing.

On 19 January 2012 18:44, Jens Alfke <jens@couchbase.com> wrote:

> On Jan 18, 2012, at 7:40 PM, Steven Ringo wrote:
>
> In terms of what you describe, I am definitely getting undesired behavior.
>
> It’s possible what I’m describing applies to 1.2 but not 1.1. Most of what I know
about the replicator comes from Filipe, and the danger of learning about features from their
implementors is that you learn about what they’re working on, not what’s shipped :)

> I ran:
> $ curl -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -X POST
> http://localhost:5984/_replicator -d '{"source":
> "http://127.0.0.1:5984/dslcollection", "target":
> "http://127.0.0.1:5984/dslcollection-ios"}'
> {"ok":true,"id":"f36d2bb4d5bdfd3813eb706130001632","rev":"1-c414a5d61d7164c231777472d087ea56”}
>
> So, from what you posted I can’t tell whether the attachment already existed at the
target database. (The fact that both dbs are on the same server doesn’t make a difference,
of course. The replicator doesn’t care.)