From Jens Alfke <>
Subject Re: Attachments and replication
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2012 18:44:19 GMT

On Jan 18, 2012, at 7:40 PM, Steven Ringo wrote:

In terms of what you describe, I am definitely getting undesired behavior.

It’s possible what I’m describing applies to 1.2 but not 1.1. Most of what I know about
the replicator comes from Filipe, and the danger of learning about features from their implementors
is that you learn about what they’re working on, not what’s shipped :)

I ran:
$ curl -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -X POST
http://localhost:5984/_replicator -d '{"source":
"", "target":

So, from what you posted I can’t tell whether the attachment already existed at the target
database. (The fact that both dbs are on the same server doesn’t make a difference, of course.
The replicator doesn’t care.)