From CGS <cgsmcml...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Best practice for storing large dynamic tree in CouchDB?
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 09:52:49 GMT

I don't know why Nicolas Raoul needs it, but I think this is useful for
monitoring your OS file structure via web browser (without having direct
access to the OS). I've seen quite some projects requiring that
(especially for servers based on MS Windows where you want to avoid
security problems, or for servers based on Linux without giving specific
permissions). Nevertheless, I've seen implementations based on PHP+MySQL
(most of the time) and it would be nice to have it also for different
technologies (e.g., CouchDB ;) ).

CGS

On 01/04/2012 10:33 AM, Nils Breunese wrote:
> Nicolas Raoul wrote:
>
>> I want to store a tree in CouchDB.
>> My app is a large filesystem in which folders/files can be moved/added/deleted.
> Not saying that it can't be done, but are you sure? Why do you want to do this? To see
if it can be done or because you think it's the best solution for some problem you have?