From Jim Klo <jim....@sri.com>
Subject Re: Delete replication history
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2012 22:33:31 GMT
Thanks.

Say I don't know that <hash> and it isn't in my log; it looks like it's pretty consistent
- what's that a hash of?  can I recompute it programmatically, since there's not exactly a
way to list _local docs?

Jim Klo
Senior Software Engineer
Center for Software Engineering
SRI International

On Dec 24, 2011, at 4:46 AM, Robert Newson wrote:

> I believe Jim is referring to the replication checkpoint document
> (which does indeed include 'historical' information). Jim is also
> correct in that the presence of this document will prevent a full
> re-replication when the target's validate_doc_update function is
> altered.
>
> Jim, the replication checkpoint document is named in the way:
> /dbname/_local/<hash>. You should be able to see this document being
> written to in the logs and the <hash> portion is also the value you
> get back when POST'ing to _replicate (and the one shown in
> _active_tasks). Delete the document in the usual fashion and
> replication will do over from the start.
>
> B.
>

> On 24 December 2011 11:56, Dave Cottlehuber <dave@muse.net.nz> wrote:
>> On 24 December 2011 02:30, Jim Klo <jim.klo@sri.com> wrote:
>>> Trying to test a validate_doc_update function for use in replication.
>>>
>>> Is there a way to reset or delete the replication history so I don't have to
continuously recreate my target db?