From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: Attachments and replication
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2012 01:55:05 GMT

On Jan 19, 2012, at 5:42 PM, Steven Ringo wrote:

> I am confused? Do I need to show more about the replication problem I am
> having?

Yes, I think. All you’ve shown is a replication that gets and puts a large document including
attachments. But you haven’t shown anything that shows whether or not the attachment should
have been copied. A better test would be:

Create document with large attachment on database A
Replicate from A to B
Update document properties on database A without updating the _attachments property
Replicate from A to B

The last step should ideally transfer only the JSON without any attachment bodies.

—Jens