From Jim Klo <jim....@sri.com>
Subject Re: View generation order.
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 23:07:12 GMT
What we've done, which may not be ideal... but in our app, all view queries are stale (will
be migrating to stale and update once we upgrade couchdb), but then have an external job that
triggers the indexing by querying for 1 element in a view in each design doc.  You could follow
a similar approach and prioritize which indexes start indexing first if you have resource
limitations, otherwise, I think indexing multiple design docs is concurrent.

Jim Klo
Senior Software Engineer
Center for Software Engineering
SRI International

On Jan 4, 2012, at 2:50 PM, Martin Hewitt wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if it's possible to set or influence where the view generation process
starts?

> We have a large DB which we let clients build views on. We then map those views to JS
map functions and create the relevant design doc. The only problem we have is that the database
is huge and the view generations take a while. This means the oldest data is processed first,
which doesn't suit us as, in the short term, the most useful values are those which are more
recent, i.e. the entries that were made a minute ago not a year ago.