From Nathan Vander Wilt <nate-li...@calftrail.com>
Subject Re: Any way to explicitly skip design docs in replication?
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2011 18:44:46 GMT
On Nov 30, 2011, at 8:04 AM, Jens Alfke wrote:

> On Nov 30, 2011, at 6:18 AM, Robert Newson wrote:
>
>> We could add another built-in filter to complement _design (which only
>> includes design docs), _not_design (or something less silly than that
>> even). Would be trivial and would avoid this class of problems.
>
> I think this would work well.

While I don't have any other particularly compelling use cases for it (presently), one of
my first questions when looking at the filtered replication API was "is there a way to invert
the filter function"?

So IMO something less silly than "_not_design" would be something like a generic "invert_filter"
parameter that would flip the return value of any specified filter function.

thanks,
-natevw