From Pete Vander Giessen <pet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: User authentication failures
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2011 19:39:59 GMT
On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 12:38 AM, CGS <cgsmcmlxxv@gmail.com> wrote:

> It looks like Erlang reached the 1024 processes default limit. That should
> be solved by increasing ERL_MAX_PORTS ... To be noted that
> Erlang checks for the working memory availability for each thread, so, the
> maximum ports cannot be insanely high.

Thank you for that piece of info. How high would you say would be
"insanely" high for, say, a server w/ 8GB of RAM?

Broader question: if I start a continuous replication, will that hold
a thread open for the (theoretically unlimited) duration of the
replication?

They key thing is that I'm trying to figure out how we hit that limit
without doing anything _too_ mean to the server. Increasing the thread
limit sounds like it might be part of the solution, but I'd like to
understand the problem a bit more, and I'm doing a bit of blind
flailing at the moment ...

~ PeteVG