From Jason Smith <...@iriscouch.com>
Subject Re: build-couchdb start, stop, restart
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2011 02:08:07 GMT
Hi, Mohammad. I maintain build-couchdb. I didn't' even realize it was
mentioned in the wiki. That's cool!

The first thing to understand is, when build-couchdb completes, it is
exactly as if you had manually run `make install` from a traditional
build from the source code. If you see any instructions about what to
do after `make install`, then they also apply to build-couchdb.

The basic strategy is to make your startup scripts execute CouchDB
during boot, and stop it during shutdown.

My guess about this process (untested, may not be exactly correct):

ln -s $PWD/build/etc/init.d/couchdb /etc/init.d/couchdb
update-rc.d couchdb defaults

--
Iris Couch