From Bradley Holt <bradley.h...@foundline.com>
Subject Re: Crash Report Help
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2011 22:13:11 GMT
Dave,

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 4:48 PM, Dave Cottlehuber <dave@muse.net.nz> wrote:
> On 15 December 2011 22:38, Bradley Holt <bradley.holt@foundline.com> wrote:
>> Dave,

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> the key part is "enoent" = file or directory not found.
>>>
>>> Most possible causes are;
>>> the var/run/ var/log/couchdb/ var/lib/couchdb/ dirs don't exist, or
>>> ditto for local.ini default.ini  ,for some reason are not available.
>>>

>> Yup, the directory /opt/local/var/run/couchdb/ didn't exist. I created
>> that directory and was able to start CouchDB without it crashing.
>> Either a recent upgrade deleted that directory or the upgrade changed
>> the value of uri_file in default.ini (more likely).
>
> Aha I misread that this was first run after upgrading, I assume from 1.0.2
> or similar. var/run/couchdb was added and the uri file also moved there.

I didn't think that CouchDB had upgraded so didn't mention that, but
that's the only explanation. Assuming it did upgrade, then it had to
have been from 1.1.0 to 1.1.1 because I know for sure that I've been
on at least 1.1.0 for awhile now.

> What's odd is that the Makefile should IMHO create this during build.
>
> var/Makefile.am:            mkdir -p "$(DESTDIR)$(localstaterundir)"; \

Yeah, odd that it didn't create the directory for me during the build.

> Any chance you could confirm on MacPorts via uninstall/reinstall?

Now that I've got my development environment working again, not sure
if I want to tinker around with it and risk breaking things again.
Here's a link to the Portfile, in case that's helpful:

https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/databases/couchdb/Portfile

Thanks,
Bradley