From Bradley Holt <bradley.h...@foundline.com>
Subject Re: Crash Report Help
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2011 21:38:40 GMT
Dave,

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 3:29 PM, Dave Cottlehuber <dave@muse.net.nz> wrote:
> On 15 December 2011 17:07, Bradley Holt <bradley.holt@foundline.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm running CouchDB 1.1.1 on Mac OS 10.6.8 (installed through
>> MacPorts). This morning I tried starting CouchDB and got the following
>> crash report:
>>
>> https://gist.github.com/1b7f26800426fcbac11e
>>
>> As for the part about the replicator database being deleted—I haven't
>> deleted that database.
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated!
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Bradley
>
> Hi,
>
> the key part is "enoent" = file or directory not found.
>
> Most possible causes are;
> the var/run/ var/log/couchdb/ var/lib/couchdb/ dirs don't exist, or
> ditto for local.ini default.ini  ,for some reason are not available.

Yup, the directory /opt/local/var/run/couchdb/ didn't exist. I created
that directory and was able to start CouchDB without it crashing.
Either a recent upgrade deleted that directory or the upgrade changed
the value of uri_file in default.ini (more likely).

> I am reasonably sure that different
> permissions would result in enoperm instead but it's worth checking
> that quickly - http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Installing_on_OSX
>
> The replicator db message is spurious I think, generated as couchdb
> erlang application shuts down all sub processes.
>
> Or it might just be karma balancing for using MacPorts instead of Homebrew.

Ha! Yeah, yeah, I know—I should be using Homebrew. But, I've got
everything setup through MacPorts now so won't be changing it anytime
soon.

Thanks,
Bradley