From Chris Stockton <chrisstockto...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Database size seems off even after compaction runs.
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2011 21:44:41 GMT
Hello,

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 2:36 PM, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
> Deleted docs are preserved forever (necessary for eventual consistency).
>
> If you know the doc id of a deleted doc, try GET
> host:port/dbname/docname?open_revs=all
>
> You should be able to find your deleted docs via the _changes feed, e.g.;
>
> ~ $ curl localhost:5984/foo/_changes
> {"results":[
> {"seq":2,"id":"bar","changes":[{"rev":"2-91257658886b5692a98d053bb9990b47"}],"deleted":true}
> ],
> "last_seq":2}
>
> B.

Robert, I thought I was becoming a couchdb expert, totally tossed out
that theory for me :p

Okay, so this catches me a bit off guard, always thought compaction
cleaned those up. Is there a good way to bulk remove all deleted docs?
Or will I need to make DELETE calls on each individual document?

Thanks a ton, I appreciate it!

-Chris