From Mohammad Prabowo <riz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: build-couchdb start, stop, restart
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 10:20:15 GMT
Hi. Sorry my response took a while. I'm trying to recompiled
build-couchdb as suggested by Marcello, after deleting the
build-couchdb folder, and then starting from scratch:

git clone git://github.com/iriscouch/build-couchdb
cd build-couchdb
git submodule init
git submodule update

rake install=/home/rizalp             #my home folder

But the installer always report that the checkout is not clean. I
don't know why.

While exploring and reading about couchdb, i found out about
couchbase. Fortunately, they provide a Couchbase Single Server that is
compatible with CouchDB. Even better, they provide binary installer
to!

 And so, i download and installed it:

sudo dpkg -i couchbase-server-community_x86_1.2.0.deb

And it's working like a charm. I can start, stop and restart server with

sudo /etc/init.d/couchbase-server {start | stop | restart}

Thanks for the help guys! Maybe later i will try to build couchdb from source.