From Lucas Chiesa <lucas.chi...@gmail.com>
Subject synchronization problem with couchdb 1.0.1
Date Mon, 26 Dec 2011 01:18:51 GMT
Hello,

We are using couchdb for a project and so far it has been working
great. However we have stumble uppon a problem we cannot seem to fix.

I'll try to describe the problem and I'm attaching the logs, without
any "filtering" because I don't understand what's important and what's
not.

We have 3 dbs in one way  continuous sync and it all worked OK until,
for some reason some documents seen to stop the synchronization of one
of them.

If we manually sync that document like this:

$ curl -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -X POST
http://localhost:5984/_replicate -d ' {"source": "machines", "target":
"http://10.8.0.1:5984/machines",
"doc_ids""f9dfe9e74c9818c136bd5378e40012fa"]} '

{"ok":true,"start_time":"Mon, 26 Dec 2011 00:02:09
GMT","end_time":"Mon, 26 Dec 2011 00:02:10
GMT","docs_read":1,"docs_written":1,"doc_write_failures":0}

It works fine, and then the continuous sync works, until we modify
this document (for example saving it using futon, creating a new rev).

Please note that we were issuing the continuous sync command once per
minute because of a bug in a cron job. It was supposed to be once per
hour, and that's because we saw that if the computer lost internet for
a long time, couchdb dropped the sync.

Most certainly I have not explained the problem correctly, but I don't
understand it correctly, I hope the logs help better.

Warning: The logs (uncompressed) are almost 40M big....

Thank you very much in advance,

Lucas

"Oh no, not again."

- A bowl of petunias on its way to certain death.