From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: can't control config chain
Date Sat, 17 Dec 2011 10:36:00 GMT
On 17 December 2011 11:17, Dave Cottlehuber <dave@muse.net.nz> wrote:
> On 17 December 2011 06:13, Mark Hahn <mark@hahnca.com> wrote:
>>>  (a) another couchdb still running, or (b) not starting couchdb with the
>> user who is part of the admin/sudo group.
>>
>> Thanks for the tips.  I know there is only one instance running and
>> everything is being done under root so I'm still confused.
>
> Hi Mark,
>
> I'm not within reach of a build-couchdb, however the couchdb
> shell script I think it should work like this:

Lesson learned to read again before sending…
d'oh I'm 80% wrong; the couchdb script doesn't remember anything between
runs. So your couchdb -c needs to be issued on the same command used prior:

couchdb -n \
  -a /ria/etc/db/default.ini \
  -a /ria/etc/db/local.ini \
  -p /mnt/db/couch.pid \
  -o /mnt/db/couch.stdout \
  -e /mnt/db/couch.stderr \
  -R -b -r 0 \
 -c

which shows correctly on my system:
  /ria/etc/db/default.ini
  /ria/etc/db/local.ini

what does couchdb -k -s show when running under the same user?
does pgrep beam show up anything?

A+
Dave

ref: https://github.com/apache/couchdb/blob/master/bin/couchdb.tpl.in