From Dave Cottlehuber <>
Subject Re: can't control config chain
Date Sat, 17 Dec 2011 10:17:21 GMT
On 17 December 2011 06:13, Mark Hahn <> wrote:
>>  (a) another couchdb still running, or (b) not starting couchdb with the
> user who is part of the admin/sudo group.
> Thanks for the tips.  I know there is only one instance running and
> everything is being done under root so I'm still confused.

Hi Mark,

I'm not within reach of a build-couchdb, however the couchdb
shell script I think it should work like this:

# what's the current config chain?
couchdb -c

# reset config chain to defaults
couchdb -n

# add additional config files
couchdb \
  -a /ria/etc/db/default.ini
   -a /ria/etc/db/local.ini

# check the new config
couchdb -c

The other params I think are used when you start couch:

-p /mnt/db/ \
 -o /mnt/db/couch.stdout \
-e /mnt/db/couch.stderr \
 -R -b -r 0

If that does work, a patch to couchdb -h and man pages would be welcomed!

View raw message