From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: Crash Report Help
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2011 21:48:28 GMT
On 15 December 2011 22:38, Bradley Holt <bradley.holt@foundline.com> wrote:
> Dave,
>
> On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 3:29 PM, Dave Cottlehuber <dave@muse.net.nz> wrote:
>> On 15 December 2011 17:07, Bradley Holt <bradley.holt@foundline.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm running CouchDB 1.1.1 on Mac OS 10.6.8 (installed through
>>> MacPorts). This morning I tried starting CouchDB and got the following
>>> crash report:
>>>
>>> https://gist.github.com/1b7f26800426fcbac11e
>>>
>>> As for the part about the replicator database being deleted—I haven't
>>> deleted that database.
>>>
>>> Any help would be appreciated!
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Bradley
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> the key part is "enoent" = file or directory not found.
>>
>> Most possible causes are;
>> the var/run/ var/log/couchdb/ var/lib/couchdb/ dirs don't exist, or
>> ditto for local.ini default.ini  ,for some reason are not available.
>>

> Yup, the directory /opt/local/var/run/couchdb/ didn't exist. I created
> that directory and was able to start CouchDB without it crashing.
> Either a recent upgrade deleted that directory or the upgrade changed
> the value of uri_file in default.ini (more likely).

Aha I misread that this was first run after upgrading, I assume from 1.0.2
or similar. var/run/couchdb was added and the uri file also moved there.

What's odd is that the Makefile should IMHO create this during build.

var/Makefile.am:            mkdir -p "$(DESTDIR)$(localstaterundir)"; \

Any chance you could confirm on MacPorts via uninstall/reinstall?

A+
Dave