From Jason Woodruff <>
Subject Geocouch installation
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 11:58:39 GMT
OS Ubuntu 11.10
Couchdb 1.1.1

I have the following in couchdb.log when starting couchdb with geocouch

[Tue, 06 Dec 2011 10:40:49 GMT] [error] [<0.86.0>] {error_report,<0.31.0>,

I thought I had installed as per the readme file for geocouch.

However, there is one ambiguity that I am finding confusing and that is the
value of <vanilla-couch>.  The readme states this is the path to the
couchdb source.  However, the geocouch.ini file is copied to the /default.d
directory in the installed couchdb and not the source?  Is this correct?

The datebase does start, but with the above error.  Curl cannot connect.

best regards