From Mark Hahn <m...@hahnca.com>
Subject starting couch on linux boot from build-couchdb
Date Sat, 24 Dec 2011 08:13:11 GMT
I have a stand-alone build-couchdb installation.  I can start couch
manually with

    . /root/build-couchdb/build/env.sh
    /root/build-couchdb/build/bin/couchdb -b

However, I can't get this to work from an init script at boot.  I'm
specifically putting the command in /etc/rc.local in my ubuntu lucid
server.  After booting a ps shows no couch process running.

I am directing the rc.local script's stdout to an output log and I see
"Apache CouchDB has started, time to relax." after the statements shown
above.  However, when I sleep for a while and then do

    /root/build-couchdb/build/bin/couchdb -s

I get nothing but a blank output.

Can someone who knows couch and linux better than I please give me a hint
on what to do?