From CGS <cgsmcml...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: strange crash
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2011 14:58:37 GMT
 From the information you provide there are two scenarios I see:
1. You may have started CouchDB with different permissions than its
files have (e.g., you start CouchDB with regular user permissions while
the log file, for example, have root permissions).
2. SpiderMonkey too new and incompatible with CouchDB.

How to check if the scenarios:
1. Start CouchDB as with root privileges.
2. Downgrade your SpiderMonkey version.

I cannot guarantee that these are the only possibilities. It may be a
good idea to check if Erlang is working properly on your OS.
Nevertheless, I hope my suggestions will help you.

CGS

On 12/15/2011 03:41 PM, Peta Bogdan wrote:
> also, I don't use the javascript engine, in fact I don't use views at all,
> Instead the documents are indexed through an elasticsearch instance which
> happens to be on the same machine
>
> All queries are conducted tru elasticsearch, while the database is busy
> with only inserts and updates.
>
> I used to build views using erlang language, but as the database grows the
> time taken to regenerate the views increases, so I dropped this method of
> querying the database.
>
> As a side note icu version is icu4c-4.8, installed from ports.
>
> also forgot to mention that OS is OpenBSD5.0/amd64 if it makes a difference
> .
>
> On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 4:01 PM, Peta Bogdan<bog495@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> 1. OS: OpenBSD5.0 GENERIC.MP
>> 2. SpiderMonkey: Version: 1.9.2.16, installed from ports
>> 3. CouchDB installed from sources
>> 4. The server crashed just before this last insert
>>

>> On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 3:45 PM, CGS<cgsmcmlxxv@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> It would be helpful if you could specify the followings:
>>> 1. your OS;
>>> 2. SpiderMonkey version;
>>> 3. how you installed CouchDB/1.1.1;