From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: Building without debug symbols
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2011 17:46:36 GMT

On Dec 8, 2011, at 11:17 AM, Albin Stigö wrote:

> I actually meant stripping the erlang .beam files as apparently you
> can save up to 50% space this way…

Oh! Here’s the command we use to do this in building Couchbase Mobile:

	erl -noinput -eval 'erlang:display(beam_lib:strip_release("."))' -s init stop

where “.” is the path to the Erlang root directory, i.e. the one containing subdirectories
for all the apps/packages.

Also, make sure to use the “+compressed” parameter to erlc, which will gzip the .beam
files.

—Jens