I am trying to build CouchDB 1.1.1 on Centos 5.7.

To do this I have to build curl 7.22.0 and erlang otp_src_R13B04 to meet the pre-reqs. This I have done successfully. However they install in /usr/local whereas the couchdb configure script is currently looking in ./usr.

I have managed to get the configure script to work using:

sudo ./configure --with-erlang=/usr/local/lib/erlang/erts-5.7.5/include --enable-js-trunk --with-win32-curl=/usr/local/include

but when I run sudo make I now get:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -l/usr/local/include/lib/libcurl

And this file/directory does not exist except in the Curl distribution and that contains pdf/html documents.

I have successfully done this build on a Centos 5.6, but can’t see where I’m going wrong on 5.7. The /usr/local/include/lib/libcurl does not exit on the Centos 5.6 centos build either, but this built.

Any help gratefully received, as I’m very confused!

Mike

MICHAEL KIMBER

PRINCIPAL ARCHITECT

d: 02890788378| m: 07792329322

f: 02890788339 | e: mkimber@kana.com

209 Airport Road West, Belfast

BT3 9EZ, United Kingdom

KANA

EVENTS | WHITEPAPERS | CASE STUDIES | DEMOS

Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Follow us on Linked In

The information in this email and any attachments is confidential and intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). It may be subject to legal, professional or other privilege and further distribution of it is strictly prohibited without our authority. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to and must not disclose, copy, distribute, or retain this message or any part of it, and should notify us immediately.