From Sean Copenhaver <sean.copenha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: couchdb: update_handler get view
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2011 17:20:00 GMT
I'm pretty sure all the design document functions are suppose to be run in
isolation and have no access to anything much more then CommonJS modules
and their inputs. Since they are suppose to be pure functions (no side
effects) I believe there is no intention of adding access to databases from
inside of them.

You'll have to use client code or a _changes listener perhaps if you need
to store the rules in documents.

--
“The limits of language are the limits of one's world. “ - Ludwig von
Wittgenstein

"Water is fluid, soft and yielding. But water will wear away rock, which is
rigid and cannot yield. As a rule, whatever is fluid, soft and yielding
will overcome whatever is rigid and hard. This is another paradox: what is
soft is strong." - Lao-Tzu