From Sean Copenhaver <sean.copenha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB Node.JS integration ?
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2011 13:33:45 GMT
If you mean integration as a view server, I'm not sure what it would gain.
I suppose knowing that you are running the same JavaScript tools and
libraries (seems like a lot of people choose node.js as a dev platform) on
the same engine would be great. If someone knows of a project please share.

Otherwise I have some thoughts about trying to get CouchDB to do more. It
seems like people want to try and put as much as they can inside CouchDB.
It certainly is an impressive platform but once your application gets
larger in size and complexity I don't think I like the idea of everything
integrated into a single piece. I wonder if this comes up from not having
an easy way to host node.js and couchdb together on IrisCouch or Cloudant.
Although I think nodejitsu and Heroku offer some kind of support for them.

CouchDB does offer daemon monitoring and can act as a proxy. That gets you
pretty far without having to put something in front of CouchDB. If you are
using node.js systems around CouchDB you could always store the code in a
document and still get that same code as data feeling the design documents
give you.

--
“The limits of language are the limits of one's world. “ - Ludwig von
Wittgenstein

"Water is fluid, soft and yielding. But water will wear away rock, which is
rigid and cannot yield. As a rule, whatever is fluid, soft and yielding
will overcome whatever is rigid and hard. This is another paradox: what is
soft is strong." - Lao-Tzu