From Ryan Ramage <ryan.ram...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: nodejs couchapp
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2011 17:41:16 GMT
If you want a feel where you can go with couchapps, checkout Max
Ogden's datacouch project:

https://github.com/maxogden/datacouch

While not purely couchapp, it shows the way on how to move past the
boundaries of the traditional couchapp model.

While Mikeal may be tired of doing backflips, I don't mind. The first
couple of backflips you might hit your head, but then they become easy
and you might find them invigorating as well. :)

Ryan

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 10:02 AM, Mikeal Rogers <mikeal.rogers@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 8, 2011, at November 8, 20118:47 AM, john.tiger wrote:
>
>> On 11/07/11 15:14, Mikeal Rogers wrote:
>>> I wrote node-couchapp and i don't even remember what those flags did. i have
since changed the command line api.

>>> couchapp push app.jshttp://localhost:5984/db
>>
>> Thks.  Wow, this is so simple and works great.
>>
>> Now a question:  since making a couch app is so easy, why are not more people using
it ?  Are couch apps limited versus using a full MVC backend (ie Express, Strata, ..)

> There are definitely limitations, pulling info in to the page that isn't in your database
isn't doable, _list and _show are pretty slow so you're limited to single page apps if you
want to keep things really fast.

> For simple things, nothing is simpler than a couchapp, but as your app gets more complex
you're going to start doing backflips to get it to fit in to the couchapp model.