From Ryan Ramage <ryan.ram...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reconciling Data
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 20:35:08 GMT
You might want to have your other data source more sleep-y (no joke)

http://syncable.org/

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 1:49 PM, Jens Alfke <jens@couchbase.com> wrote:

> On Nov 2, 2011, at 9:20 AM, Henri van den Bulk wrote:
>
>> I'm in the process of writing an external program in Java that reconciles data in
CouchDB to a source system. One of the basic parts is to determine what data needs to be removed
from CouchDB. The good thing is that the Ids in CouchDB are the same as the Ids in the source
system. However, some initial test seem that the process is very slow in determining what
needs to be removed.

> It’s inevitably going to be inefficient to have to fetch _all_ the doc IDs from CouchDB
and _all_ the IDs from the other system and then scan them looking for differences.

> Instead, is there a way you can query the other system to find out which docs have been
removed since the last time you synced?

--
Twitter: @eckoit