From Ian Mayo <...@planetmayo.com>
Subject Freelance work available: System architect required (ETL, multi-schema data)
Date Sun, 20 Nov 2011 08:08:34 GMT
Hi,
my name is Ian, and I have a problem.

It's like this.  I have a 'situation' [1].  I've had a think about it,
and have recorded some use-cases [2]. From those I think I've
identified a set of high-level requirements [3], plus a few tentative
ones [4].  From looking at things, and lots of Internet reading, I may
have identified some candidate technologies [5] - one of which is a
document-oriented data store such as MongoDb or CouchDb.

The problem is made more complicated because I have a need to
transform data in lots of input formats into lots of output formats.
This could require lots and lots of code.  But I think I've found a
workaround [6] whereby the system imposes schemas on the incoming data
so that it's easier to export.

I'm looking for a really clever person to make some sense of this, and
hopefully create a new Wiki page with a knockout system architecture
that will be a great foundation to my Open Source project.

So, if you're an expert in databases, ETL, and high volume multi-
schema datasets please get in touch.

To demonstrate to me that you're a candidate for this well-paid,
short- term, part-time post, email me (ian at planetmayo.com) and
demonstrate your ability by giving me an thought/idea about solving my
problem that will impress me.  Plus a few words on how your experience
and skills mean that coming up with a solution will be easy for you.

Obviously, once the successful candidate has designed the system he
may well get invited to implement it.

Thanks in advance,
Ian

[1]. https://bitbucket.org/ianmayo/gnd/wiki/UnderlyingProblem